Saturday, May 30, 2009

What The Heck?

I had not intended this blog to capture any part of my life other than my artist interests, however I cannot resist adding this.

Today my dog, a fearless daschund–chihuahua who has aspirations of becoming a pit fighter, was in the yard when she went 'on point' and her little hair stood up. Ripley

I watched curiously, waiting for her to rush at a squirrel, but it was a little bigger prey she was after.

I saw a black thing, a black thing with a waggy tail like a dog, but it was far too fat to be a dog. I could not really see what it was, but my dog got very close and let loose deep growls worthy of a coon dog. I then saw that the beastie was a black pig! I do not recall the last time I have seen a pig, outside of my freezer that is, so it was a bit of a shock. I lost all track of my telephone conversation and got my camera all the while yelling at my dog to be careful. She hears when she wants to, but this was not one of those ocassions. But she did get the piggy out of the yard.

Through all of the excitment, I did manage to snap a quick shot. Here it is as it waddled away. I wonder where it lives??

pigs

No comments:

Post a Comment