Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another Shirt

So here is the white shirt I did. I realize I didn't mention HOW I did it, so here goes.

I drew a straight line across the shirt on the front and back, including on the sleeves. Then I used dental floss and ran a straight stitch around the shirt on the line. The floss is tightened and tied off. Then I applied the dye only on the floss. I also did the sleeve cuffs, but I used an elastic band around it. I didn't think to use an elastic band on the shirt, so whatever.

Here’s the shirt..

DSC00648

The blotches on the top band part is not permanent (I hope). If so, I will dye it the same blue..

DSC00647

That’s it for these shirts…

2 comments:

  1. Nice Dahn, I would never have thought of just doing a straight stitch and then dyeing along the floss. Here's hopeing the blue comes out. I guess you could try bleach if it doesn't but it's not that noticable away so why not leave it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen-- thanks for the comment and happy new year! :-) Bleach is a good idea--I never think of it because I don't put bleach in the sink, so I use less corrosive stuff. Thanks for the good idea...

    Dahn

    ReplyDelete