Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Stained Glass-Continued

I have been working steadily on a reverse appliqué stained glass pattern that I picked up over 4 years ago. It is very big, 30 x 65”, so the sheer size was such that I didn’t get around to it.

As I am on holidays, I decided to get started. So here is the background piece I painted.

DSC00366

Since I don’t have a frame big enough for this piece, I dried it outside. I didn’t want it to fly away in the wind, and I often use this type of setup to hold fabric. I push chopsticks in the ground that is attached to paper clips.

DSC00371

Here is a preview of the fabric with the pattern.

 

DSC00376

But I didn’t cut it wide enough! GRRRRR!!!!!!! 

I had to make another piece of fabric and it was raining too hard to lay it outside. So instead I cobbled together an inside setup> Pin the fabric to a tall piece of Styrofoam on one end.

 

DSC00378

Then I used the heavy bottom of a couple of lamps to hold the other end. This just keeps the fabric off the counter.

 

 DSC00379   

Another view.

DSC00381

 

And a close up picture of the bottom half of the final piece :

 

DSC00385

No comments:

Post a Comment