Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wedding Quilt

I am delighted that I can say the wedding quilt for my young friend Nicole is complete.

DSC00409    size: 91” x 102”

 

Of all the quilts I have made in the past, I think the ‘journey’ for this one was the most interesting. All hand-dyes, original pattern (based on Match Play by Sonja Shogren.

I received the most gracious email from Nicole’s mom, Lise, who is a wonderful lady thanking me for the quilt. I will be taking it to Nicole this week, so that will be done.

Here is the finished quilting design I decided on:

final quilting

 

And I did the top in yellows and the bottom in purple so the quilting did not overpower the design.

I wish this young couple all the best in their future, and I hope they can enjoy this quilt for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! And good for you! I should go and work on some of my projects! ( I completed two last week - but only small things, a table runner and the bag I showed you)

    ReplyDelete